Buzzings from a quilter who bumbles her way through life!

Friday, June 10, 2011

Quilts From My Past

Since I'm in California for another week, I thought I would photograph some of the quilts we are pulling out of packing boxes here at my son's house.
 Little Red Riding Hood - Made for my granddaughter in 2006. I made this while with my husband on a 2 month long stay in Golden, Colorado. We were in a hotel room and I had a little sewing machine to use. The story is embroidered around the perimeter of the quilt in the center panel and the yellow border. If you enlarge the picture you may be able to see the wolf hiding behind her. (Hint: it's head is on right between her head and the basket and it's rear is on her left.) It is very subtle (on purpose). The large "prairie points" can be unbuttoned as a game. Behind each is something she might have seen in the forest. Where is the wolf?



Scrap quilt, 2007. Absolutely everything in this quilt was from scraps- including the batting. Fleece on the back was left over from a blanket project. This is about 50" x 45". Made for my grandson.

A stack and whack quilt made in 2003 for my granddaughter. 


Blanket/Quilt made for my grandson when he was an infant (just a few short years ago!). I Although you can't see it in the photo, the center panel is "floating" with the help of ribbon tabs that connect it with the outer borders. (Just some of my experimenting). It has a fleece outer border. Here is the back, all fleece:


 Stay tuned and I'll show you how I'm making a bedspread out of a canvas drop cloth! (unless my idea totally fails!)
See you later!


post signature









17 comments:

  1. what lovely quilts. i love the red riding hood one. your grand children are lucky to have such treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my such cute quilts, especially that lovely Red Riding Hood. The Stack and Whack is amazing too. Have fun on the vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun for you to see those quilts again. The Red Riding Hood quilt is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Little Red Riding Hood. How clever were you with the wolf!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the wolf hiding in the woods! He is camouflaged, isn't he? Good job. It reminds me of a Bev Doolittle painting, only a quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda, I find your quilts so inspiring!!! Just love that Red riding hood one, you are so clever!!!!!!!!!!!! Such wonderful treasures :)
    Hugs, Mickie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all your quilts, and especially the scrappy one. It looks like modern art to me. Enjoy the rest your stay in California (and your grandchildren).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my that Red Riding Hood takes my breath away - gorgeous! I love the fox! Linda, you are incredibly creative and talented!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Red Riding Hood quilt is fantastic. I love the way you have hidden the wolf in the fabric and the hidden forest things is very creative. All the quilts look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I didn't see it until you pointed it out, but that wolf is amazing! And I love the prairie points idea for hiding things. What child wouldn't love that?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are lovely! I wish I was a quilter! Hugs for a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Linda you are so clever i love the red riding hood quilt and all the special touches on it and how clever is the wolf hiding,wonderful,well done

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness, Linda! I love the Red Riding Hood quilt and I love that it's interactive. I have never seen a pattern like that. You did an outstanding job! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad I stopped by today. You are so talented! They are all so beautiful.

    Lesa

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want to be you when I grow up. Just sayin.
    No...really.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your quilts are lovely and thoughtful - what lucky grandsons!

    ReplyDelete

You can leave your comment here! (I'm so sorry, but if you are an Anonymous commenter, your comment will not publish. This is because of the huge amounts of spam that I have received from anonymous sources.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...